Monday, March 4, 2013

Sneak Peak


Here's a sneak peak at my next Civil War ball gown, currently in progress. I liked Simplicity 2881 enough to try it again. This time, I'm making a couple modifications, mostly because I didn't have quite enough fabric to make it as per the pattern. Also, what fun would it be to make another dress exactly the same as the last one? A couple years ago, a fabric store near where I live bought out the contents of a fabric store that went out of business in the sixties, and put bunches of vintage fabric up for sale at discount prices. I've been there a couple times, and found some awesome deals, but now, the current fabric store is going out of business and liquidating their stock. I went up there last week, and spent more money than I should have, but I got some awesome deals. One piece of fabric that I bought was a pale blue floral cotton lawn. I fell in love with it, and could just picture it as a summery Civil War ball gown. So, to redeem myself for spending too much money the other day, I'm making it up to sell on Ebay. I love the way it's coming together. I'm excited to see how it looks!

1 comment: