My latest project - a sailor dress! I love the way it turned out. I used Simplicity pattern 1882. The material is a linen with embroidered anchors, and I used a red cotton trim, and red piping. This pattern is so easy to put together, and I love the vintage look!
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Pattern Review Checklist:
- Pattern Description: Ladies Blouse
- Pattern Sizing: I didn’t change the sizing, since it was my size, and sure enough, it fits me just right.
- Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing it? Yes, almost exactly.
- Were the instructions easy to follow? There were no instructions.
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It was a bit challenging to sew this without instructions, but I love the way it turned out!
- Fabric Used: Cotton
- Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None.
- Would you recommend this pattern to others? Absolutely!
- Conclusion: This was a fun project that turned out really well.
- Pattern Name: 0219 Blouse
- Sewer’s Skill Level: Intermediate
- Pattern Rating: 1-Not a Fan, 2 – So-So, 3 – Good/Average, 4-Better than Average, 5-I LOVED IT! and why? This is an unusual pattern in terms of construction, but it worked really well.
- What skill level would someone need to sew this pattern and why? Intermediate to advanced, due to the unusual pattern.
- Were the instructions easy to follow? If not, what needs to be changed? No instructions.
- How was the fit/sizing? Did it correspond to what you thought? Yes, it turned out just how I thought it would.
- Did you make any pattern alterations? If so, what alterations did you make? Where they fit or design alterations? No alterations.